In this tutorial, Romel teaches us how to safely remove rivets using a rivet removal tool. After the demo, I use my Santorini Tote which I use on every travel trip, as an example of how to remove rivets and then place NEW ones.
Find the removal tool here.
Steps to use:
- Place hardware with "cap" side facing up, and "post" side on the bottom.
- Indent the cap to stop slipping.
- Align bottom of post with corresponding sized hole in base.
- Hammer blunt spike into cap until bottom hardware falls through.
- Remove any remaining hardware, pliers may be needed for leverage. Be careful as there may be sharp shrapnel from the removal process.