These fast sews are so FUN! They don't take long at all because there is no lining to mess with. The vinyl looks great on its own, and allows you to see your shizzle. Need vinyl? I've got loads here and scrap packs and rainbow packs too! Read and download the PDF FREE GUIDE for sewing vinyl here if you need some tips! :D
I made a video with a black glitter Keep Case too, the vid is at the end of this post. :D
You'll want to use a Teflon or NON STICK sewing foot when sewing with vinyl. If you don't have one, for a super fast fix, put scotch tape on the bottom of your sewing foot. It allows the foot to glide over the vinyl. It's not as good as a teflon foot, but it might help in a pinch.
(2) pieces vinyl at 5" tall x 9" wide
(2) zipper tabs (cotton) at 2" x 3"
(1) 8" zipper or trim to size
non stick foot
1. (Use the scrap bin for these babes.) Take the zipper tabs and fold short ends in towards the middle and press. Press again to make a sandwich-(visualize double fold binding if you're a quilter). We stick the ends of the zipper in there so no puckered corners are visible.
2. Tuck butt end of zipper into one tab and pin or clip in place. Sew along non folded edge, catching both sides as you sew.
3. Trim zipper to 8" length (cut off those metal bits they are mean to sewing needles) and attach the other zipper tab in the same way.
Trim sides to be as wide as the zipper.
4. Lay the zipper RIGHT SIDE DOWN onto the vinyl. I would say right sides together but vinyl doesn't really have a wrong side. Clip in place.