Make a chalk cloth table cover with boxed corners in no time- it was so fast I had a big ol' cheezy smile on my face for at least 30 minutes.
Let's get to it:
1. Lay chalk cloth onto your table wrong side facing you. Make sure there is enough to go over all four edges by at least 6" or so.
2. Pinch each corner and put a pin or two into this fold line. This is EXACTLY where you will sew in the next step.
3. Sew each corner lock stitching at start and stop. Trim excess fabric away and leave a seam allowance of about 1". Reinforce seam with a zig zag stitch inside the SA.
4. Turn right side out and press corners out with finger tip. Place onto table. IF there are fit issues, adjust seams now. Mine worked the first time because I sewed right on that pin line.
5. Condition the chalk cloth by rubbing the side of a piece of chalk over the entire surface with some considerable force. Erase with a towel. Now it's ready for writing! Here's my quick conditioning video- (if you skip conditioning it's not easy to write on the chalk cloth).